~ Thursday I checked our bank and noticed that our check for the i800a fee had cleared. They wasted no time!
~ Next we are waiting for our biometrics fingerprint letter to arrive. Our location allows us to go in earlier than our apt date as long as we have the letter with us so we will just need to find a time that works with my husband's schedule to do so.
~ We did have a minor mistake. I completely forgot that we had to include the Hague oversight letter from our agency with our application since it hadn't arrived yet. So what we will do is wait until we are assigned an officer and then for her to request it. This may cause a little delay. We are praying that we will get an officer who will allow us to just email a copy of it to them instead of via snail mail to save time. Approval is usually fairly quick one the biometrics are completed. That is the final piece of our dossier and then it will be on it's way and out of our hands!
It has been an intense, and exhausting last three months of fundraising and paper chasing, (add in new baby arriving in there!) since we started the adoption process all over again. I'm ready for a little break but there isn't time for that.
We are just over 25% funded!! Still a long ways to go but I believe we will get there.
The fee we are currently working on is due when we submit our dossier in about 4-6 weeks from now. We have $5,224 left to go to get there and I have no idea where it is going to come from!
This post has been updated with our totals and what it still needed.
What is coming up this month as far as fundraising...
1. This weekend is our first local craft fair. Please pray that it does well and that hearts may be touched. This week has been very busy preparing for this. My girls are excited to be helping out, and they've been making loom jewelry to sell as well.
2. Get the rest of the grant applications into the mail now that our home study is done.
3. Online Group Auction planned for the end of the month. I have to get all the items listed with pictures and descriptions.
4. There is another local craft fair in April that we are going to start preparing for. I hope to get some of the items completed in time to add to the online auction.
Somehow intermixed through all that is getting our family over these persistent colds that we've been battling since December. Part of being in a big family is that colds get shared, unfortunately, again and again. Baby Ruth had a bad spell of it over the weekend. We were concerned about RSV but she is pulling through and is on the mend and we are praying all the children will be feeling back to normal again. The weather should be improving soon and we hope to take advantage of that to get out and get some sunshine, fresh air and the windows opened up.
We also have school to get done with the older ones and Ben set up with therapy through the local school system.
Lots of organizing to do as well to efficiently prepare our home for 13 people. I'm trying to figure out the room arrangements when Esther and Little G come home. Not as easy as it sounds due to the room sizes/locations, children's ages, genders and different needs involved.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will continue to keep you updated as we make progress towards bringing these two precious children into our family!